Documents relating to Llandeilo Graban, Radnorshire, in the archives of Balliol College, OxfordNB These properties no longer belong to Balliol College.
*. A copy of “Documents in the Formal Archives relating to Radnorshire”, an analysis prepared at the behest of AD Powell 1984
1. Hugh Beavan and David Williams, etc. marriage settlement, grant of lands in Llandiloe 1657
2. Hugh Beavan and David Davies, marriage settlement, release of messuages in Llandiloe 1719
3. Hugh Beavan to Elizabeth Williams, release 1732
4. Hugh Beavan to Elizabeth Williams, conveyance of same 1732
5. Hugh Beavan to Elizabeth Williams, conveyance of same 1732
6-7. Hugh Beavan to Elizabeth Williams, fine re 2 messuages 1732
8. Elizabeth Williams and Hugh Beavan, sale of messuages to Edward Leinthall 1736
9-10. Elizabeth Williams and Hugh Beavan, assignment, mortgage and release of same 1736
11. Hugh Beaven to Edward Leinthall, bond 1736
12. Field and Castle’s report on Great House farm, Llandilo Graban 1873
13-14. Estimates for repairs 19th cent.
C.12. Llandilo Graban
1. Mary Farmer to Richard Meredith, conveyance of messuages, etc. at Kinnerton and Llandilo Graban 1773
2. Mary Farmer to Richard Meredith, release by same 1773
3. Balliol College and William Pearce Hall, deed of exchange of lands in Llandilo 1774
4. Balliol College and William Pearce Hall, deed of exchange of lands in Llandilo (draft) 1774
5a. Mary Farmer and others to Hall and Woodhouse, release 1775
5b. Mary Farmer and others to Hall and Woodhouse, lease of possession 1774
6. Abstract of title to Llandilo estate 1774
7. Fine between Hall and others and Farmer and others 1775
8. Fine between Hall and others and Farmer and others 1775
9. Certificate, recovery entered in 1719 1774
10. Certificate, recovery suffered and fine levied 1774
11. Mary Farmer, etc. and W.P. Hall, etc. agreement 1774
12. Balliol College to David Price, lease of Llandilo Hall, etc. 1805
C.14. Llandilo Graban
1. John Lewis (for Hugh Beavan) to John Lewis, release of messuages etc. in Llandiloe 1740
2. Edward Lenthall and Hugh Beavan to John Lewis, sale of messuages 1740
3. Hugh Beavan to John Lewis, second mortgage 1741
3* Accounts between Lewis and Beavan 1741
3** Hugh Beavan to John Lewis, bond 1741
4*. John Lewis and Hugh Beavan, fine 1741
4**. John Lewis and Hugh Beavan, fine 1741
5. Hugh Beavan and John Lewis, release 1749
6. John Lewis to Thomas Lewis, lease of possession in trust 1752
7. John Lewis to Thomas Lewis, release, copy 1752
8. William Lewis, of Presteign, co. Radnor, extract from his will of 1759 1763
9. Pedigree of the Lewis family, Llandilo 1763
10. Valuations, reports, agreements, rent-accounts, etc. 1845-69
11. Miscellaneous papers 1851, 52
You do not need to request permission to download or print one copy of any of the images on these pages for your personal private study or research purposes.
The archives and manuscriptss of Balliol College are open by appointment to enquirers in person at the Historic Collections Centre in St Cross Church, Holywell.
Enquiries should be sent in writing (email or post) to the Archivist.
There is no charge for Archive enquiries, but donations for Archive purposes are always appreciated.